Monday, May 9, 2011

Why Nutrition is Important

I often get mocked by others when they find out about the diet that our family is on. Many people think you should be able to eat whatever you want, whenever you want. Unfortunately, they don't realize how much it affects your health. I used to eat that way as well. When I was pregnant with my first, I didn't care about what I ate. My baby ended up being 7 weeks early. The doctors didn't know why, but now that I look back I believe some of it had to do with what I was eating and not getting enough water. After I had my baby, I was 20 lbs heavier than what I normally weighed. I didn't like the fact that I had gained so much weight and I was trying to figure out how to lose the weight. I started learning about nutrition and realized that if I changed my diet I would be able to lose and maintain a healthy weight. I also learned that top nutrition has everything to do with how healthy we are. I was always a picky eater so learning to love vegetables was a little bit of a challenge. My taste buds have changed, and I now LOVE veggies! I crave veggies! If a meal is not full of fruits and veggies, my body feels like it has not been satisfied. I have tried to teach my children to love veggies as well because I don't want them to be picky eaters.

One site that has really helped us optimize our health is www.greensmoothiegirl.com. She teaches 12 steps to whole foods so that we can take it one step at a time and not feel overwhelmed in changing our diet. I have loved what she has taught my family, and she has some very yummy recipes that the kids love.

Don't feel overwhelmed with changing your diet. Just take it step by step and you will feel how much better you feel with each step. I could never go back to my old diet. Learn to listen to your body and you will feel a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment